Translate

Tuesday 5 February 2013

Audition Answers


Auditions... Nobody quite knows how to fully cope with the great disappointment that follows failing an audition. This happened to me quite recently, when I auditioned for my College's Drama Festival Theatre Company.

This was the first time I had failed an audition, and felt this was something that would be beneficial to my Future aspirations of becoming an Actor on the West End. So how did I cope? It was hard, even more so than other people may find due to the Autism, but I came up with one Key Phrase, a Phrase that also inspired the writing of this Blog:

Turning the Negatives into Positives

There are many ways to do this, so here is a list of how I did just that:

  1. Ask for Feedback: If you failed an audition, you can't improve for the next time unless you know how. So pluck up some courage, see the director and say this line: "I saw that I failed the audition, and am obviously upset, but I would like to know how to improve for next time!" They will give you the truth, so Don't Get Upset with The Feedback! You asked for the Help, and they're going to give it to you
  2. Offer to help in other areas: Many Productions need a Backstage crew or music to accompany the show. So why not do what I did and offer any help they may need!
  3. Find bonuses in the situation: Many shows will take up a lot of time. Think to yourself: "Hey, Now I have lots of free time!" Or find a, well, cheeky bonus. 
  4. Offer Support: Watch the show. Show no grudges... and most of all, Congratulate all the actors who got through... even if you do harbour bitter resentment towards them!

Follow these tips and you too will find failing auditions not as much of a bad thing any more!

Freddie

No comments:

Post a Comment