Translate

Thursday 24 October 2013

Enticing Events

 
This week at college we've had a blast with the great fun that has been 60's Week in celebration of black history month. We've had a ton of events from an acoustic concert to 60's dress up to a Hairspray flashmob (In which I am Wilbur... whoot!)
 
So I suppose the purpose of this blog post can be seen as an update of my life as well as the advantages of joining in with events in your college/school or local area.
 
 
  1. Joining in with events will show that you care about your local community and want to join in and be part of everything! You'd look better by looking silly... if you get my jist (I mean look at us... we are MAD!)
  2. Donations are a great way to feel like you have benefited the community by not just joining in. In fairness, it makes joining in so much better! We recently had a wear pink day for Breast Cancer Research... I wore bright pink feathers and a pink label that said MANLY... and let's be honest, I was! (Ok... I wasn't... be quiet!
  3. My favourite reason for joining in with most events... you get to wear a suit... on the bus! It feels so cool to be sitting on a bus in full costume with a few friends; you get a real kick out of it. It is also great at building your self confidence, something which was pretty low for me until I came to college!
So then... an update into my life and how you can feel the same way by joining in the events. this is a great example of not just helping yourself, but helping others!


No comments:

Post a Comment